You will see it soon enough. Twitter just got themselves a – what I like to call “much needed” face-lift. I’m testing it now so you can read about it before seeing it live and being confused, over joyed, or disappointed about it.
Twitter Update Pros List
Some of the best new features are:
- Seeing your favorites quickly, but I never use them. lol
- Trending topics have been cleaned up and bumped up on the page. No more scrolling to see what’s happening.
- Wider screen version. Works great for us with 24″ monitors or higher resolutions.
Twitter Update Cons
Some features they could have left alone are:
- Sending a DM from the Home page now takes 2 clicks instead of 1 click. #Fail
- See many your listed lists at once. What a waste of space from spammers who add you to their list. I block them and their lists, but if you don’t, then you will seem them easily.
- Seeing 2 more “Who to Follows”. I didn’t want to see them when they first added it, and now it takes up even more space. The good thing about it is that they moved it down lower on the page.
- Direct Messages are on a split level page showing how many back and forth messages you had, and when you click it shows all the DMs from that person. The reason this doesn’t work is it makes it look more like a chat conversation and most of us use DMs as a once a week or month contact feature. Twitter is trying to get the conversation going, which might be good for future use, but as of now – is a #Fail for me.
Another thing that is slightly confusing, not really a #Fail but more of a What? feature is: When you are under the Profile button and you click on Timeline you will see that the Timeline is really just your @ messages and RTs (retweets).
When you are on the Timeline under the Home button then you see the current updated Timeline. Yea, I’m confused explaining it to. Read more about the chaos at this new Twitter video.
If you can see them – What do you think of the changes on Twitter?
Note – I will be updating this with more images soon.