How to Get More Visitors on Twitter
Once you set up your account you can start following people. It is advised to follow more people that are not in the same industry as you, as they are less likely to be bringing you extra business if they are in some ways your competition or already know how to do the services you’re providing. Twitter will only allow you to follow 2000 people as a member. After following you should post some interesting posts and wait to see how many people start following you back. This may take up to a week, so just keep posting and check back often to see who’s following you and you may find some entertaining posts from them.
Now that you have the word out, you may get some people interested in what you have to say or the services or products you’re offering. Keep posting and following more people and you should start to get a good following in return. This will help get you noticed. It’s up to you to keep posting and interacting with the other people you associate with on Twitter. Everyone is generally friendly, so introduce yourself and have fun with your tweets.
Numerous self proclaimed social gurus tell you to follow 2000 people right off the bat. Then wait to see who follows you, unfollowing all that decided not to follow you back. It’s not recommended to do this style of gaining followers for these reasons:
- You will usually get people following you because they are trying to gain followers themselves, not because they care what you have to say.
- You could look like spam to the Twitter algorithms. You didn’t even know there were algorithms, did you?
- You will want it to appear like you have something good to say. Following more people than you have followers makes it look like you just want the shear numbers. There’s that time between you getting follow backs and deleting the non followers that makes you look desperate for followers.
- It’s all about getting followers to retweet your message, not just about getting lots of followers.
- Send out auto DMs to everyone.
This is how I remedy this:
- If you’re talking about anything worth listening to, you will get heard by the herd.
- Twitter and Google are working together in some aspects. Click, click, clicking on 2000 Twitter names in 2 hours will get you 400 – 500 followers in return within 3 days, but you will be red flagged. Right now, a red flag means nothing, but in the future it will – and guess what? You might already have 1 flag on your account.
- When people follow me and are following 1500-2000 people but only 400-500 are following them, I don’t follow them back. Most of the time I just assume they’re spam or will be in the future.
- Trying to be number 1 on a topic is great, but sharing and retweeting other messages will increase your chances of having those people retweet you. Retweets matter. Talking about yourself is annoying and not how to find those new followers that never heard of you.
- I instantly delete any accounts that auto DM me. I feel like if they spam me from our first encounter, they will spam me again soon.
I don’t recommend auto DM just as a greeting, but I do recommend auto DM for Facebook.