Seo companies love your money, just get used to that. They like to sell you into the idea that you need seo and then offer you about 100 addons to your service. Who needs that crap? Buying seo can be easy when you know what to look for, and these are some tips to get the right person for the job.
Tips for Finding the Right Seo Company
- Check out their seo site. Are their links on the site coded or proper longtails.
Do they look like this: http://www.webhelpnetwork.com/?page=209gclid=CJHu0Ntor – BAD
Do they look like this: http://www.webhelpnetwork.com/ecommerce-software-services.html – GOOD
- Does the seo company offer you 100s of keywords, even though you are a small business? I offer 12-20 keywords because I want them all to rank high. Offering you 100s just because you will pay more, gives that seo company a better opportunity to say, “Look we ranked you #1 for 5 out of your 215 keywords. Told you we could do it”.
- Do they build your website without the seo in mind, then call and try and sell you on added seo? This technique doesn’t sit well with most seo professionals. You will find companies using it so watch when they call you to add it. If a company is good at building websites, they should make it “seo ready” whether they do your seo or not.
- Does it seem that every piece of the seo implementation costs extra? “Oh, you wanted us to put alt tags or titles on your images? Well that’s extra.” – I just saw this on an seo company site. They don’t do alt tags on images unless you buy the bigger package. Why are they claiming they do seo then? Don’t spend money with a company that only wants to do a little seo. You are either hiring them to do your seo or not.
- Does the seo company use fancy terms, like “Seo Discovery” “Seo Presenter Focus” – ask what they really mean. Try Googling the words and see if any other sites are using them. Some of these terms are just a way to make it seem like they are doing more for you, when really it’s just a way to make it sound flashy or more expensive. This doesn’t mean the seo company is bad or good, but know what you’re paying for before you hire the company.
- Do they show you all the top rankings on their website for their past clients? Try looking those words up now. Ah, not there anymore. hmmm Just because they get a client to rank for “public bathroom urinal cakes that are white and biodegradable” doesn’t make them a superstar. Even if they did get a client to rank for “building for sale in CA”, it could have been for 8 days, not the 6 months that the client paid them to do the seo campaign.
- Do they want you to build 5 more websites to link back to your site to give it seo juice? BAD This might be useful for reputation management, but it’s not how a real seo professional does it. Not the right way, anyway.
If any of these tips have helped you, or you want to disagree and complain, do it below in the comments. Now go ahead and use Bing or Google to find yourself a new seo company to launch your site into the #1 spot.