Getting new SEO clients can be difficult at times since some of the SEO scammers have made people uneasy about what to expect from hiring you. As a company looking to hire a new SEO company, you may or may not have experienced an SEO scammer. What do you do? Who do you hire?
This article is for both SEO sellers and SEO buyers.
What to look for in a SEO company
As an SEO company you can read these as what you SHOULD offer your clients. Buyers will be better informed and know how to approach you when purchasing your services.
- Research the company on the web. Don’t just assume that the SEO company in first place is the best. Scroll down and see what others say who have already hired them in the past. Read those testimonials, not only the ones on the sellers site. I have NEVER seen a company post negative testimonials on their site.
- See if there’s an expert in your field. Some SEO companies have a system for getting insurance companies or contractors rankings.
- Go to my black hat SEO page and ask the SEO company you’re considering hiring if they do any of the things on the list. If they say yes, or if they say they can if you pay for it – I would avoid them.
- Does the company make web pages too? What I’ve found is sites that do both usually have an understanding of the code too and do the SEO in house. Yea, some people send it out and earning a commission. Sad.
- How does their site look? Is there lots of random keyword stuffing (look for the word SEO over 100 times on the first page). Random thoughts that rarely look finished? That’s not a good sign. They are likely using black hat to get listed on the SERP (search engine ranking page) so you will see them and order their services.
What do SEO Companies charge for their services?
I’m making an entire post on this later, but here is what you can expect to pay. In the US most sites charge between $200-$1500 a month USD. I personally try and stay in the middle between $450-1000. You can expect that my services are top quality and that’s what you’re paying for. Most companies offer no type of backend services towards the lower end of the pricing.
- Do you get a backend to login to view your monthly statistics?
- How many months is the contract for? If it’s 3 months or less, it’s not worth it – in my opinion. It’s difficult to produce real results and see the trending caused by changing up the keywords and building online goals in 1-2 months.
- $49 now that’s a deal! Is it really? Stay away from the ads that look too good. There may be hidden fees or you may get nothing for your $49. It’s just low enough they you will just say “oh well that was a waste” and move on.
- We guarantee you First page placement on Google. Don’t fall for this type of ad. There are no guarantees in SEO, and that’s some of the ways scammers use to take your cash too. I have never given a guarantee but I do produce results. In 2 months, if you still have only 3 visitors a day. Try and break the contract. They may be taking your monthly SEO payment and not even doing any work at all on your site.
- Why have a contract? I like using them because it lays out specifically what the client can expect and when I think the site will get to the desired goal. Any longer than 12 months (unless your company is written on some products everyone has), is too long.
I only want to be number 1 on the search engines
You know that the number 1 spot is the goal of every SEO company, even the scammers. Did you know that a #2 spot will get about 400000 hits if the #1 spot gets 900000 hits. #3 will get about 210000 – (these are averages and not for every keyword). Use the smartest keyword terms and if your SEO company is good, they will do the following
- Run an SEO analysis on your site, and show you the results in easy to understand format.
- Recommend some keywords you didn’t think of that may relate to your business or products.
- Give you access to a backend or send you a monthly report of the keywords focused on and how they went up or down on the top 3 major search engines – Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Seeing your ranking moving up on any other search engines just don’t offer enough traffic and should only be considered after you show up on the 3 search engines listed above.
Would love to know what you think of this article. I know it was a lot to read. It was a lot to write too.
Was it helpful? Please comment. Thanks!