I write for myself. If you donâ€™t like it, you know where the back button is. Being real attracts more readers, and to be honest, feels quite liberating. I like to throw in a lot of jokes and randomness, so please forgive me in advance… You are who you are, not who you pretend to be. Iâ€™m not a professor of SEO. If you want to read that type of blog, Iâ€™m sure you’ll find one. I may even be able to recommend a few for you. What’s today’s plan? Getting plugged into some social networks. Here are a few I enjoy:
- Added Twitter so I could keep in touch with old SEO friends and find some new ones that may be interested in reading my madness. Twitter is always a good choice when you want to find and acquire some new customers and contacts.
- Digg It! – If enough people digg my post, I may be something of a hero in the office. Atleast in cubicles 3-5, row H.
- To help me expand my reach and to make my feed more accessible, I used Feedburner. There are so many ways to do this, but feedburner was easy and I know the code to change my badges to say SEO Fans (unfortunately, I have 1 fan).
- SEOmoz – Glad that SEOmoz is out there. It gives us a place to share our SEO ramblings and use quality tools. I recommend the PRO Account too.
- Technorati account created to help me get SEO Web Help indexed without the use of my RSS feed. I can find out when other blogs are talking about us. Updated within minutes, so it’s said.
Forums are also a great way to help spread the word. I began posting on random SEO forums, trying to help out others seeking knowledge on Search Engine Optimization. Not just for the social marketing aspect of it, but I generally enjoy helping others.
When I launched the SEO Web Help site, forums provided two things:
- Great place to share my thoughts and advice.
- Providing I made good suggestions and knowledgeable posts, they also offered me SEO creditability.
Lastly, I might buy a press release on PRweb to build up some positive link juice. That my friends, is the search engine marketing I did to help draw traffic to this SEO blog.